By completing an information request on this site, you acknowledge your express consent to receive real estate resources and news, property information and updates, and promotional offers via electronic messaging. You may withdraw this consent anytime by clicking the "Unsubscribe" link in any email message, and/or by sending a return text message with the word STOP. These withdrawal methods will be clearly spelled out in each electronic message.
What is personal information?
Personal information is generally any information about an identifiable person other than the name, title or business address or telephone number of an employee of an organization, provided that such business contact information is used only to contact the employee in their business or professional capacity.
How do the Agent/Broker Sites collect personal information from you?
We collect personal information from you only for the purposes we identify to you at or prior to the time we collect such personal information. We do not require this information in order for you to obtain access, to surf or to view the content on the Agent/Broker Sites.
For those few activities on our Sites where the collection of personal information is necessary (for example, when you contact us with a question or a request), you will know because the purposes for which your personal information is to be used will be identified to you. For those activities, we may collect, for example, your name, street address, telephone number, fax number, e-mail address and postal code. When you complete a loan or realty request at an Agent/Broker Site, it may be necessary for us to supplement the information you provide with information from third party sources. We will not collect more information than is necessary.
Does Agent/Broker collect or use information collected from you with technology?
The Agent/Broker Sites collect some information about you using technology, so it may not be readily apparent to you that it is being collected. For instance, when you come to our Sites, your IP address may be collected so that we know how many visits we have had by separate individuals. An IP address is often associated with the place from which you enter the Internet like your Internet Service Provider (ISP) or your firm or company. This information is not personally identifiable.
How does Agent/Broker use the personal information it has collected from you?
We collect and use personal information to respond to your questions or comments, to send out information on our real estate or mortgage services or our company, to promote the products or services of other third party suppliers to Agent/Broker, to administer certain services as identified to you at the time of collection, to refer you (with your consent) to another agent or broker if there is a service that we cannot provide for you. We will also use such information for statistical and marketing analyses, in a form where the information is no longer identifiable with you. We may also share your information with other providers of real estate related services that we work with, such as lenders that may contact you regarding your mortgage needs.
Personal information is used by us and by others on our behalf. We will not disclose such information, other than as follows:
- to third party service providers with whom Agent/Broker has a contractual agreement, which includes appropriate privacy standards, for the purpose of (i) performing functions such as data processing, database services, marketing or information technology support; (ii) submitting and processing your loan, realty or other related requests for products or services of our third party service providers; (iii) providing insurance for Agent/Broker product liability claims on behalf of Agent/Broker; or (iv) referring you to another agent or broker;
- to comply with any legal actions like a court order, to enforce our user agreement/terms and conditions for the Agent/Broker Sites or to protect the safety and security of guests and our site; and
- as otherwise permitted or required by law.
We will let you know at the time the information is collected if such third-party sharing is anticipated, will identify the types of businesses at the area of collection, will describe the information we will share (like your mail or e-mail address) and will only share data if you agree. We recommend that you contact such other parties directly for more information about their privacy policies.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, we may also (a) make disclosures of personal information to a potential acquiror in connection with a transaction involving the sale of our business, and (b) send personal information outside of the country for the purposes set out above, including for process and storage by service providers in connection with such purposes, and you should note that while such information is out of the country, it is subject to the laws of the country in which it is held, and may be subject to disclosure to the governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies of such other country, pursuant to the laws of such country.
DATA DELETION POLICY
Hometown Advisor Real Estate seeks to ensure that it retains only data necessary to effectively conduct its program activities and work in fulfilment of its mission.
The need to retain data varies widely with the type of data and the purpose for which it was collected. Hometown Advisor Real Estate strives to ensure that data is only retained for the period necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected and is fully deleted when no longer required. This policy sets forth Hometown Advisor Real Estate’s guidelines on data retention and is to be consistently applied throughout the organization.
This policy covers all data collected by Hometown Advisor Real Estate and stored on Hometown Advisor Real Estate owned or leased systems and media, regardless of location. It applies to both data collected and held electronically (including photographs, video and audio recordings) and data that is collected and held as hard copy or paper files. The need to retain certain information may be mandated by federal or local law, federal regulations and legitimate business purposes, as well as the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Reasons for Data Retention
Hometown Advisor Real Estate retains only that data that is necessary to effectively conduct its program activities, fulfill its mission and comply with applicable laws and regulations.
Reasons for data retention include:
• Providing an ongoing service to the data subject (e.g. sending a newsletter, publication or ongoing program updates to an individual, ongoing training or participation in Hometown Advisor Real Estate’s programs, processing of employee payroll and other benefits)
• Compliance with applicable laws and regulations associated with financial and programmatic reporting by Hometown Advisor Real Estate to its funding agencies and other donors
• Compliance with applicable labor, tax and immigration laws
• Other regulatory requirements
• Security incident or other investigation
• Intellectual property preservation
Hometown Advisor Real Estate seeks to avoid duplication in data storage whenever possible, though there may be instances in which for programmatic or other business reasons it is necessary for data to be held in more than one place. This policy applies to all data in Hometown Advisor Real Estate’s possession, including duplicate copies of data.
• Website visitor data will be retained as long as necessary to provide the service requested/initiated through the Hometown Advisor Real Estate website.
• Contributor data will be retained for the year in which the individual has contributed and then for 3 years after the date of the last contribution. Financial information will not be retained longer than is necessary to process a single transaction.
• Event participant data will be retained for the period of the event, including any follow up activities, such as the distribution of reports, plus a period of 3 years;
• Program participant data (including sign in sheets) will be retained for the duration of the grant agreement that financed the program plus any additional time required under the terms of the grant agreement.
Data destruction ensures that Hometown Advisor Real Estate manages the data it controls and processes it in an efficient and responsible manner. When the retention period for the data as outlined above expires, Hometown Advisor Real Estate will actively destroy the data covered by this policy. If an individual believes that there exists a legitimate business reason why certain data should not be destroyed at the end of a retention period, he or she should identify this data to his/her supervisor and provide information as to why the data should not be destroyed. Any exceptions to this data retention policy must be approved by Hometown Advisor Real Estate’s data protection offer in consultation with legal counsel. In rare circumstances, a litigation hold may be issued by legal counsel prohibiting the destruction of certain documents. A litigation hold remains in effect until released by legal counsel and prohibits the destruction of data subject to the hold.
How do I request my data to be deleted?
Please contact the Privacy/Compliance Officer by writing to us at Hometown Advisor Real Estate, LLC 13229 NE 20th St Bellevue, WA 98005 Attention: Privacy/Compliance Officer.
Ask for a copy of data we are processing about you and have inaccuracies corrected
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected.
We will use reasonable efforts to the extent required by law to supply, correct or delete personal information held about you on our files (and with any third parties to whom it has been disclosed to).
Links and Disclaimer of Linked Sites
If you need further assistance, please contact the Agent/Broker Privacy/Compliance Officer by writing to us at Hometown Advisor Real Estate, LLC 13229 NE 20th St Bellevue, WA 98005 Attention: Privacy/Compliance Officer.